Saturday, January 28, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog...

I guess if you're reading this I've already answered the question, but I created this blog a long time ago and never posted anything until now.  It's not that I didn't have anything to say. I think about a lot of things I could write about, but I read, watch, and listen to a lot of different sources and it seems like every topic I could write on has already been covered pretty well by someone else.  If you want information about a topic, I could easily connect you with some great resources to learn about it (I'm kind of geeky that way), but that would not be my original thoughts. There are a lot of bloggers out there; do I really have something new to add that hasn't been done better by someone else? After all, I'm a mom at home with seven kids.  I don't get out much.  Is my life and random thoughts really all that interesting? What would be my purpose in putting one more blog out there?

As I thought about this and was encouraged by friends, both online and in "real life", I realized that my passion is finding truth and then living that truth out in my day to day life.  My life may not look like yours, but if my thoughts and experiences encourage you in some way to seek truth and walk it out in your own life and in your own way, using your unique God-given gifts and talents, then I have found a purpose in blogging.  So, God-willing, here goes...

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking your first steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! You've inspired yet another blogger!

      Delete
    2. Music to my ears (or eyes anyway). I know you have lots of wisdom to share.

      Delete