Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DHS's See Something, Say Something Campaign


This is a video promoting Homeland Security's "See Something, Say Something" campaign encouraging people to spy on their fellow citizens.  I find it hard to believe this is for real, but I checked it out and it's a real $10 million ad campaign.  Disturbing.  It just seems like things are changing quickly in this country and I wonder where it's all going.  Think I'm going to focus on non news-related topics today because this stuff is discouraging.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I guess that's *an* approach to national security. Make everyone paranoid of each other. There's a great episode of the Twilight Zone that comes to mind -- The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy, isn't it? It does seem almost like a Twilight Zone episode. I see that I can watch that instantly on Netflix, so I'll have to check that out.

    Did you notice there's a weird racial component to this video? I know this came out before the 911 anniversary, so I don't know if they're just trying to be uber politically-correct by not having Muslims portrayed as terrorists, or if they're trying to steer people to be suspicious of middle-class white militia-types. I see a movement going on to divide people up into stereotyped groups and pit them against each other.

    ReplyDelete