Saturday, August 4, 2012

Simple Abundance

I've neglected my blog for a while because life has recently been quite chaotic and stressful.  I'm having a quiet moment right now reflecting on some of the things in life that are not chaotic and stressful, so I thought I'd write a quick post about the things I'm thankful for today.

  • My friends are visiting with their children and (most) of our kids are playing happily outside.
  • I cleaned out my garage the other day.  I don't know who was happier--me or my husband!
  • I visited my much-neglected garden yesterday and found that it was producing lots of veggies without any help from me!  Even the overripe stuff will feed our chickens and be recycled into eggs.
  • Our chickens are producing more eggs than we can use, and lots of people have been happy to buy our surplus.
  • My health has seen some improvement lately.  I haven't written about this here before, but I have chronic fatigue that at the current time has no specific diagnosis.  A few good days with increased energy is a blessing indeed!
  • Lots of unfinished projects around our home are coming together nicely, including green things beginning to grow where all I could see was dirt from replacing our septic and pretty much excavating our entire backyard.
  • I'm beginning to formulate a plan for our homeschooling this year, where just days ago I was feeling nothing but confusion.
  • My husband just started a campfire and we're frying fish for dinner that he and my son caught yesterday.  The fire smells great, and the fish will taste even better!
  • My house is, um, a little bit less dirty than it was in the middle of all the dirt work.  I can't really say the same for my children, but I'm trying to be thankful for the little things!
  • Speaking of dirt, my children now have the world's biggest sandbox to dig in so they won't randomly excavate the rest of the backyard.  (Anyone else's little boys like to do this?)
  • Luke and I are looking forward to our 20th anniversary in less than two weeks.
  • We have a nice little roof over our heads, plenty of food to eat, and YHWH has sent abundant financial blessings in recent weeks to meet our needs before we even knew we had them!
Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to read your blog again. I know exactly what you mean about chaos and stress. (I have a theory that homeschooling families have more to do during the summer than the rest of the year. Not sure why yet, but our summers are always crazy.)

    So jealous of your chickens and excess eggs. Me and the boys go through about 6 dozen a week.

    Hoping your chronic fatigue problems get better. I have a number of friends that are affected by it as well.

    Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! Jenny and I are celebrating our 14th this October.

    ReplyDelete